I am a big fan of crackers and if you’re on TRW program, most store-bought crackers are a No-No! Therefore, I had to come up with some great cracker recipes for all of you.
If you are a fan of sweet and savory snacks, these crackers are for you. I love how with every bite, it’s a surprise in your mouth. These yummy crackers are low in sugar and simple to make. The almond flour provides a wholesome amount of fiber and protein in every bite. Paired with your favorite dip or cheese makes for an awesome after-work treat or party appetizer.
Serving Size: approx. 52 crackers
- 2 cups blanched almond flours
- 2 ½ tbsp. finely diced raisins
- ½ tsp. dried rosemary
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. purified water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine almond flour, diced raisins, rosemary, pepper, and salt. In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, egg and water until well blended.
- Stir wet ingredients into almond flour mixture until thoroughly combined. Use your hands to knead the dough into a ball.
- Place the dough ball between two large sheets of parchment paper and roll out to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Remove top piece of parchment paper. Using a sharp knife, trim the dough to form an even rectangle shape. Move scraps aside.
- Next, cut dough into 2×2-inch squares. Do not remove cut dough squares. Instead, transfer the entire sheet of parchment with dough onto baking sheet (This ensures that the cut squares stay in place).
- Make a small dough ball out of the scraps and re-roll and cut. Place on second baking sheet.
- Optional- Lightly sprinkle crackers with a touch of sea salt before placing into the oven.
- Bake for approximately 12 minutes (make sure to constantly check), until crackers along the outer edge of the baking sheet are lightly golden. Turn off oven and allow crackers to sit for another 2 minutes to get extra crispy.
- Remove crackers from oven and let them to cool on baking sheet for about 30 minutes.
- Serve with healthy dip, cheese, or solo
- To keep crackers crispy, store in an airtight container in the freezer. You can eat them cold straight form the freezer, or bring to room temp before serving.